March 30, 2009

breathe in, breathe out

I've returned to Breath. And, what a difference it's making.

Yoga is amazing. I do it for the breathing exercise, because I always forget how much it does for my body. I don't know why, but I don't think "body" when I think "yoga". Holding those poses while concentrating on breath...whew! My shoulders start to hurt just thinking about it. But, it's good pain. Very good pain.

March has been a month of purging for me. I've been tidying my home (except, apparently, the one table next to my computer) and tidying my mind. I've relinquished relationships that weren't serving me in order to make space for the ones that will. I wholeheartedly believe in the abundance of the Universe, so I logically feel that I don't have to release in order to accept. However, I also believe in the laws of attraction and so I release what's wasteful of my energy in order to attract that which I prefer.

As long as I remember to breathe, it doesn't feel like work.

2008 was a year of selfishness for me. I allowed myself to do things I would have never done in the past because I needed to experience those things and push them aside. I had a list of "Don't"s and "Shouldn't"s and I had to get rid of it. The best way I knew for doing that was to do just about everything on the list. If I couldn't find an inherently logical reason for not doing it, it got done.

I flew my Freak Flag like you wouldn't believe.

But, now, it's a new year. The Year of the Ox. A year of prosperity through hard work. And, I'm prepared to participate in that work. I'm prepared to walk into that prosperity.

The time for petty indulgences is over. I feel purposeful, meaningful, Divine. I feel like breathing for the first time in a long time.

And, so I do.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

"I flew my freak flag like you wouldn't believe"

LOL You ARE divine.