March 17, 2008

Vernal Equinox on Thursday

Ostara is upon us!

I'm supposed to do something with a group of folks, but I have no idea what or when. I guess I should find out. LOL

I'm glad Summer is coming. I've no use for all this cold. *brrrrr*

I performed my first "serious" spell recently. That was exciting. I've been talking to a friend of mine about my issues and we agree I need more Earth in my life. Doing spells is a great Earth activity and I've always enjoyed candle magic to some degree, so I'm taking it farther.

I have issues with permanence and I'm not sure how much of that is my Scorpio and how much is just me (as if there's a difference, really), but I feel/know I need to work with the Earth element more. I am very Air and Water; there needs to be more balance. I used to be more Fire, but in the last couple of years, I've gotten away from that. Even at times when the use of Fire is "appropriate", I Air and Water myself away. It's not that I'm anti-Fire. I just happen to be hyper-aware in this area and I can recall many instances where I embraced Fire to the point of self-destruction. It's time to test my ability to use and contain Fire. I think working with Earth will help me with that.

I'm reading a fantastic book and I plan on using this space to go over my thoughts about it. (I have to write it down so I don't forget!)

Peace...

No comments: