April 8, 2009

amethyst

I'm working with amethyst, again.

Amethyst is in the quartz family and is regarded as a good crystal to work with when overcoming addictions. (I find it cute that there is a company called Amethyst, Inc. that's geared toward helping women overcome addictions, violence, and poverty.) It's also good for helping with psychic abilities.

What am I using it for? Clarity of thought.

I think. It's what I do, who I am. Thinker. As such, I get overwhelmed at times. So many thoughts, so little time! When I'm feeling like I need my thinking to be extra-clear and subsequently, uber-beneficial, I put my big amethyst crystal in my pocket.

I like the passivity of putting it in my pocket and going about my day. I trust that it's helping and I don't need to sit and meditate with it. I notice that when I do that, I have an easier time staying true to my goals. That's a problem of mine. Focus/discipline. I can easily be led astray. And, I usually enjoy it.

Lately, though, I really want to accomplish certain goals I've set for myself and so...in the pocket it goes. Sometimes, I think it's like carrying around a portable Spirit Guide. The "Good Angel". She's not on my shoulder, she's in my jean pocket.

Of course, there are times when I meditate with it. I close my hands around it and sit. Think. Sit. Think. Get up and go about my business. Those times have gotten rarer, though, as I find I benefit most from crystal-work when I'm active.

I guess it's no coincidence (or surprise) that this stone is the February birth stone. Aquarians are known for contemplation. I think I'll re-start my crystal study. I now wonder what the connection is with all birthstones and astrological sun sign.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

That astrological study sounds fun. I've been working with amethyst too.

The Original Wombman said...

Amethyst . .. thank you.