April 6, 2009

what's your story?

We all have a story. Or, rather, many stories.

We tell ourselves things about what we’re going through, what we think of other people, how we should live our lives, how we would live our lives if only…

Lots and lots of stories.

Sometimes, I sit and wonder what life would be like if there were no stories. If I just lived in the Now and behaved as if the Past and the Future didn’t exist, how would my life be different? What would change within me? What would change outside of me?

I sit and I wonder and an answer comes to me. What would change? Nothing. Because the fact is that I’m not as significant as I like to tell myself. I say that I do such-and-such because I choose to do it, but what if such-and-such is choosing to get accomplished through me? What if I’m not the one in control?

I like to think I’m a servant of Life. It’s possible I only exist to be used. Some say we are only here so that Source can experience itself. I believe that. And, because I believe that, I agree that nothing we do is horrible. But, that doesn’t mean it lacks meaning. That doesn’t mean it lacks significance. It is inherently significant because it happens at all. Simultaneously, it is inherently insignificant because the purpose is simply to exist. To be. And, that means that no matter what happens, the situation and outcome are acceptable.

I could be wrong. After all, this is a story. And, what if there is no such thing as non-fiction?

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

I agree with your story.